Sunday, April 11, 2010

So now that everything is official, I figured that I might as well start a blog for my trip to Mumbai. Its for work, of course, but seeing as I'll be spending several months there, I'm sure I'll find some time to go exploring.
The rest of the group arrived yesterday, but due to some trouble getting my visa, I'm leaving a few days later than everyone else.
I'm flying out of LAX tomorrow afternoon, stopping for a layover in Dubai, then its onwards to Mumbai. I'll be arriving in Mumbai at like 3am, which is a little scary. At least there will be a driver waiting for me. Here's hoping no one gives me any trouble.
I've been running around like crazy the last few weeks getting everything ready. Got all of my vaccinations (four in one day, ouch!), my ipod is loaded up with movies (and Buffy episodes), and my suitcases are just about packed. Just running my last few loads of laundry and cleaning out the fridge, then I'm good to go.
I'm going to end this post here as I really don't have much more to say. Expect more updates in the next couple of days, hopefully with lots of photos!

Just for fun, here's the last picture of Nick and I here in the states. His dad took it Wednesday night.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Liz & Nick,
    Excited to hear about your journey...Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. My friend just got back from 3 weeks in Inida (she goes every other year). Her tips were - only bottled water, no outdoor food vendors, at flea markets-cut price they give you in half-you are foreigners and will be taken advantage of. Have a blast. Take care, Jimmy, Lauren & the girls

    ReplyDelete